Had this fabric kicking around for ages. I bought it at Derrys (Plymouth department store) just before they closed so that's over 4 years ago! Didn't know what to use it for as I had about 2 meters and I usually only do small projects. Also I didn't want to experiment with it because it's such a cool pattern and I didn't want to mess it up and waste it. Then I got a free dress pattern in a promotion. (The pattern for this dress from the Great British Sewing Bee book http://www.molliemakes.com/craft-2/the-great-british-sewing-bee/ ) so I thought I might as well use it. At first I didn't like the shape of the dress. It was too low at the front. (My poor measuring and cutting rather than a fault with the pattern.) Then I put it on back to front... and voila: a great sixties-style shift dress with elegant low back.
Probably says quite a lot about my poor sewing skills that it looks better on backwards. Thinking of finishing the sleeves with lace ribbon.